The new iOS app for The Wall Street Journal was launching and the marketing teams were asked to promote the launch of the app with an aim to increase awareness, installs and overall free-trial uptakes.
My responsibility was to the EMEA region and I worked with the various teams globally to launch the campaign on boxing day to target users with new and existing devices.
- Beat the iOS campaign sales target by 408% in EMEA alone.
- Conversion rate of targeted users increased from 1.75% to 11%.
- Full closed-loop data tracking of tactic marketing to app sales through the App Store for the first time in the history of WSJ.
I managed the full EMEA strategy and management for this campaign with my responsibilities involving the following:
- Finance and budget planning
- Campaign tactic planning and management
- Owned media (print & online) advertising
- Print ads
- Programmatic display ads
- Search marketing
- Social media organic & paid advertising
- Video advertising
- Wifi sponsorship
- Creative asset briefing
- Tag management through a new App tracking system for all agencies
- Agency management in the EMEA region
- Optimizing and reporting on the success of the campaign